Managed Network Expert (MNE) Engagement Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions updated on 09.07.19
Thank you for your interest in serving as a Managed Network Expert!
Chegg is the leading provider of online homework help for college and high school students. Your role as subject expert is to help Chegg registered students with their homework assignments. Chegg offers help in various subjects related to Math, Science, English, Engineering, History, Business and Social Sciences. Your engagement will be with Chegg India Private Limited (“Company”) as an independent contractor in accordance with the terms set out in this letter (“Engagement Letter”).
Your services will comprise of (i) authoring solutions (“Textbook Solution(s)”); and/or (ii) submitting Q&A responses (“Q&A Answer(s)”) on the Q&A Board, in the subject(s) wherein you have proven expertise by successfully completing the requisite tests (hereinafter separately or collectively referred to as “Services”).
Prior to the commencement of your assigned Services (“Assignment”), the Company will, through the designated expert manager (“Manager”):
1. for Textbook Solutions: assign the textbooks, corresponding per-solution compensation rate, and the deadline for delivery of specified solutions.
2. for Q &A Answers: provide guidance on what and how to provide answers, as per Chegg Answering Guidelines. Compensation and time slots will be as agreed with your Manager for each Q&A Answer.
Your commencement of the Assignment constitutes your acceptance of this Engagement Letter and the General Terms and Conditions contained herein. The General Terms and Conditions, along with those found within the Engagement Letter, shall govern your completion of each Assignment.
Please follow the guidelines below for each Assignment:
- Textbook Solutions must be in compliance with Chegg’s authoring guidelines (“Chegg Authoring Guidelines”);·
- Textbook Solutions must be submitted within the timeline assigned by your Manager;·
- Textbook Solutions must be submitted in batches of size not less than 25 solutions apiece; and
- Textbook Solutions must be accurate and complete and must not be plagiarized.
- Q&A Answers must be provided to the student in accordance with the answering guidelines (“Chegg Answering Guidelines”; collectively with Chegg Authoring Guidelines, the “Guidelines”) and instruction of your Manager;
- You will work during your agreed time slots as discussed with your Manager; and
- Q&A Answers must be accurate and complete and must not be plagiarized.
- No payments will be made for Textbook Solutions or Q&A Answers rejected by the Company in its sole discretion.
- A penalty of twice the per-solution rate will be deducted from your payment for any incorrect Textbook Solutions submitted. This penalty doesn’t apply to Q&A Answers. Payment will be made only after making necessary deductions based on the quality check report.
- Sometimes in-house experts may not complete the verification of all submitted Textbook Solutions before the payment date. In such cases, while the verification continues, 10% of the full payment amount may be withheld until the next payment date to avoid paying for inaccurate solutions.
- TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) will be applicable as per the prevailing income tax rules.
- Successful verification of contractor’s identity documents, educational qualifications and bank details (together referred to as ‘contractor verification details’) is mandatory for payments to be processed. Payments will be withheld if contractor verification details as mandated by the Company from time to time are not provided by Contractor.
- If contractor verification details as requested by the Company are not provided by the Contractor within 3 months of payout due date, payments for all eligible answers will be permanently forfeited by the company and the Contractor would not be allowed to claim these going forward, and the answering rights of the contractor would be revoked permanently.
- Contractor verification details once submitted to the Company cannot be changed.